Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hiatus?

It maybe seems absurd to posit a hiatus for this blog, which typically goes one or two months between posts anyway. However quite apart from the usual distractions that might keep me from Island of the Lizard King, I've just had a son. Turns out he's a baby and is monopolizing a fair bit of my time, despite being a poor conversationalist and a dreary partner at chess. So, there may be a longer-than-usual delay before the next post.

I'm enjoying writing this blog a lot, so I will return, just as faithful as Lizard King's stalwart companion, Mungo. Wait and see. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement so far.

For the time being, here is my son's head photo-shopped onto my favourite gamebook cover art - Daggers of Darkness (Fighting Fantasy #35)

When I started making this, it seemed like a fun idea. By the end, I was terrified.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He certainly seems to like riding those tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope the blog doesn't hate Mungo's inexorable fate. I am still mourning 25 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mungo, he's gonna figure big in my write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have the most amazing talent for discovering brilliant blogs at the moment they go on hiatus (or stop altogether). Still, at least in this case there's a happy reason for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Island of the Lizard King isn't too far off! Probably a few weeks or something.

    I tend to work on geological timescales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Murray,

    Keep coming back to this blog to re-read your previous installments. Hope everything's cool with your wee boy and looking forward to reading about that pesky Lizard King.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement Mr. Brown.

    Lizard King write-up is about 50% complete but has been gathering dust for a while. One day, suddenly, it will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray, and I'm guessing a healthy skeleton count too - but can't remember as it's years since I touched that book...just remember something about dumping someone's body over a wall...strange.

    ReplyDelete